With more than 500k average visitors on its website, we are wondering if GetVokal.com is becoming the next Quora?
2020 will be the year when the average age in India would be 29 years and it will be the world’s youngest country with more than 60% of the population under the working age bracket. Therefore, the market is quite unpredictable at the moment. Young people are always open to change and it won’t be surprising to see if GetVokal.com replaces Quora as the new Q/A site in regional language.
GetVokal, founded in 2017, is still at its nascent stage, whereas Quora reached new heights and made its name over the last 18 years. To prove my point, I would suggest you google any question right now and check out the top 10 results. I guarantee that there will be at least 2-3 quora links on the first page.
Apart from the search engine rankings, Quora has a large number of members and in 2018 they have crossed over a million active members profiles that ask questions, reply to other’s questions and participate in Quora’s Partner Program. It is available in all the major countries like US, UK, India, Brazil, France and recently introduced a Hindi version of the website.
What is GetVokal?
GetVokal was founded by Aprameya Radhakrishna and Mayank Bidawatka with a motive to connect non-English speaking population of India through the internet.
There are 22 major languages written in 13 different scripts and spoken in 720 dialects. Therefore, a website that caters to you in your mother tongue, is nothing but a cherry on top of the cake.
Soon after the website was launched in 2016, it started fetching a lot of crowds with Q/A posted in Hindi.
In September 2018, the monthly traffic on GetVokal was 261,733 but it is increasing as you can see from the above graph. People love and are comfortable to ask a query in their own language. As most of the people speak Hindi, it is one of the popular languages on GetVokal. People get replies to their queries in Hindi, which is helping them to understand the solutions of their queries better.
With only three years in hand, GetVokal has made a good place for themselves. Rest assured, within a few years the website make itself more user-friendly and attractive.
As of March 2019, they are accepting only a limited number of people to participate as an Expert. For that, you need to fill up the participation form and they will contact you for account activation or further query. The website is still not open for all and you’ll have to wait to become a part of GetVokal.
They have a handful of people featured on the homepage of the website who are expert in their respected fields. There are doctors, engineers, teachers and marketers in different categories who respond to the queries. It a good platform to make a direct connection with experts.
Similarities between Quora and GetVokal
- They are both Q/A website where one can post questions and get replies from people all over the world.
- Both the websites are freely accessible to the people. They can connect with each other and answer each other’s queries.
- These knowledge-sharing platforms are helpful in finding the right solution for your problems.
Why Indians Prefer GetVokal over Quora?
Out of 125 crores of Indians, only 10% can speak and understand English. GetVokal targets the rest 90% of the population and that’s their business plan.
Targeting Indian audience is comparatively easier than the rest. They are already getting fame and within a couple of years, they’ll start competing with Quora.
GetVokal is new in the market and you can start showing your presence. You just need to register as an expert and answer questions related to your interest. As the year passes, you’ll see yourself in an authoritative account on GetVokal with a good number of followers to become a social media influencer.
Who is Going to Win in Next 10 Years?
It’s too early to do any prediction. But as far as I understand GetVokal has to keep on working hard as they have just 5% of the registered members compared to Quora.
Quora is no doubt the one and only choice of people in 2019 but future is unpredictable. You may see a better website better than Quora and GetVokal.